In the summer of 2013 I raised $16,000 on Kickstarter to help launch the Pose Drawing Sparkbook, a tool to help artists put more life and personality into their drawings. After the dust settled I was hired by HOW Design University to create a webinar for other artists thinking about Kickstarter. In this 80-minute webinar I shared as many tips and ideas as I could including:
• How to prepare for a successful launch
• Tips for making an effective Kickstarter video
• The two most important moments in your campaign
• Keeping the momentum going
• How to budget your project
• Planning your Rewards
• Ideas for helping to spread the word
• Common mistakes (including a couple that I made)
• What worked for me
Every Kickstarter campaign is different and there is no magic formula that will guarantee success, but I’ve tried hard to pack this webinar with helpful info that will increase your chances and help make the process easier.
Here’s a clip:
[youtube_sc url=t70EwHQf92U width=640]
The webinar is an 80-minute HD video download (1080p) in .mp4 format. Your purchase also includes a PDF of all slides from the presentation.