It’s that time of year again. The leaves are turning color, the air is getting chilly, and artists everywhere are getting ready for Inktober! If you need some Inktober drawing ideas, I’ve put together a free PDF download of 31 drawing prompts based on the Pose Drawing Sparkbook. About 2/3 of the list is directly from the book, the rest are new! As with everything in the book they are specifically designed to help you practice making your drawings more expressive and entertaining:
Here’s the list in non-PDF form:
- Trying to close an overstuffed suitcase.
- A clumsy jester has spilled wine all over the king.
- A caveman teaching his pet dinosaur to play fetch.
- “I just heard the funniest joke!”
- An old professor chases his escaped lab rat through the university library.
- Asking a loan shark for money.
- Haven’t slept in three days.
- Illustrate “dignity”
- A hermit describing how he was abducted by a UFO.
- ‘The boy who cried wolf’ realizing that this time no one is coming.
- “There, there. It’s be all right.”
- A coach blowing his top during a halftime locker room speech.
- Learning to roller skate.
- A hammy actor fumbles and drops the skull during a performance of “Hamlet”
- An imaginative child playing with a cardboard box.
- Illustrate “macho”
- Just spilled a drink on your laptop.
- A timid person confronting a bully.
- Opening a door with your arms full.
- A young farm boy tries to get a stubborn goat out of it’s pen.
- Really telling someone off!
- “I may be old but I could still whip both of you!”
- At home alone watching a scary movie.
- Illustrate ”headache”
- Someone smashing their thumb with a hammer.
- Walking into a gust of wind.
- Telling a story to a child.
- A nervous criminal attempting his first robbery.
- “Aw, shucks!”
- Illustrate “out of breath”
- Dr. Jekyll transforming into Mr. Hyde
Unfortunately physical copies of the Pose Drawing Sparkbook are sold out but the PDF/ebook version is still available in my studio store. It’s cheaper, easy to carry around, and works as a companion to any normal sketchbook.
Enjoy this free download and please share it with others. Just post this link on your favorite social media: http://bit.ly/1tnlfqY