Every year at the CTN Animation Expo I give a workshop on the business side of freelancing for artists. I’ve finally recorded it as a 2-hour webinar, which launched today at TaughtByAPro.com: http://taughtbyapro.com/course/be-your-own-boss-freelancing-tips-tricks/
I did my best to share what I know about promoting yourself and pricing your work. Topics include:
- The Pro’s and Con’s of Freelancing
- How To Stand Out As A Freelancer
- Getting Started As A Freelancer
- Building A Marketing Machine
- Tips For Making Your Website Work For You
- Ways To Find Prospects and Leads
- Tips For Effective Cold Calling
- Ways To Promote Yourself Effectively
- How Much Should You Charge?
- Tips For Talking To Clients About Money
- Tips For Negotiating Effectively
- Spotting Bad Clients
- Professional Practices That Will Help You Stand Out
The 2-hour webinar is broken up into 7 mini-sessions to make the info easier to digest. Cost is only $10 for one month of on-demand access to the whole thing. There’s also a lot of other terrific courses being offered on the site. I’m honored to be in such esteemed company.